The Lifestyle


The Landmark Group, a Dubai-based retail and hospitality company, owns the Emirati retail fashion brand Lifestyle, which was founded in India in 1999. Several domestic and foreign brands can be found in Lifestyle's collection. Clothing, accessories, purses, beauty goods, and footwear for men, women, and children in both Indian and western styles are among its product categories. Lifestyle International Pvt. Ltd., which also owns the sister brands Home Centre, Max, and Easybuy, is the parent company of Lifestyle Stores in India. In 2015, Lifestyle International Pvt. Ltd., which has experienced compounded annual growth of 25% over the past three years, was named 10th on a list of the Best Companies to Work for.

The business of the Landmark Group in India began with the Lifestyle stores and has now grown to include Home Centre, Max, and Easybuy. The Group's entry into online shopping in India started in January 2016 with, which was later replaced in January 2017 by three distinct brand websites and apps for Lifestyle, Home Centre, and Max. You can share your views on lifestyle brands with us on the Lifestyle Write For Us Guest Post category. 


The company sells national and international brands, which account for 75% of their inventory, as well as its own brand labels, which account for the remaining 25% of in-store stock and generate around 30% of the company's revenues. Melange, a 150 crore brand with eight outlets in India, is one of Lifestyle's own labels. The majority of Lifestyle International's earnings comes from its 63 Lifestyle locations, which are physical shops. The retail chain has already established itself in first-tier cities, and it has plans to open outlets in second- and third-tier cities as well, including Nagpur, Jaipur, and most recently, Visakhapatnam and Nashik. 

According to estimates, the corporation must invest an average of Rs. 10 crore to open each store. On September 6, 2016, the 55th Lifestyle location opened in Bangalore's Phoenix Market City, Whitefield. Kangana Ranaut, a Bollywood actor and Melange's brand ambassador, officially opened it. Additionally, on March 24, 2017, actor Rana Daggubati opened a new store at the Waltair Uplands in Visakhapatnam.

Towards Employee welfare

The corporation opted to give flexible working hours and medical facilities to its front-end personnel, among other advantages, in response to a high employee attrition rate in 2015. With that in place, the business was able to lower the attrition rate from 80% in 2005 to 35% in 2017—below the industry average of 50%. The corporation ran employee welfare initiatives dubbed "LEAP" and "LIFE." Two internal programmes, LEAP for Landmark Education and LIFE for Learn - Implement - Fastrack - Expert, respectively, equip front-end staff with technical and soft skills and allow them to acquire degrees in retail management. 

The corporation also organised employee appreciation events like the Clash of Icons and Make a Difference. Deserving workers were also given long service awards and incentives on occasion. Another informal learning method employed by Lifestyle to instruct, amuse, and engage its staff was corporate theatre.